Photo By nikkytok at Shutterstock
When you wake up in the morning for another busy day at work, the first thing to do before settling down for breakfast is to dive into the bathroom for a warm shower. You turn on the faucets, and the miracle of water from a tap is presented. This is the marvel of plumbing.
The importance of plumbing and water heater repair is profound. Water and sanitation are essential for the health and wellbeing of humanity, and one of the main components that make this work for us is the ubiquitous plumbing system. It could be within buildings that we live in as water piping and waste disposal systems or in infrastructure that allows us to move from one place to another, such as storm drains on our roads and walkways.
Since plumbing plays such a vital role in our lives, it is essential to take note of some of its outstanding qualities.
- Plumbing controls a precious resource that you cannot do without. Water- often taken for granted- is vital to your health, hygiene, and wellbeing and, as such, should be guarded jealously. It is one of the most crucial commodities to your survival, and as such, it has to be guarded jealously.
- Plumbing introduces convenience and comfort in our homes. The modern kitchen or bathroom is not complete without the support of the plumbing system to convey water for use in cooking, cleaning or bathing. Sinks, drains dispose of wastewater, and toilets carry sewerage out of your homes to treatment plants far away.
- The plumbing industry is vast, offering jobs and livelihoods to millions of people worldwide. The sector includes plumbing components manufacturers, retailers, water plant, systems and sewerage technicians and plumbers such as water heater repair technicians, among others. According to the World Health Organization, 3.8 Billion people in the world have access to piped water in their homes. That’s a massive number of people to service with plumbing services.
- Plumbing and sanitation systems shield humanity from infectious diseases that were rampant before the advent of efficient plumbing systems. The delivery of clean water and the removal of waste from homes is a milestone in history. It has extended life expectancy and improved the overall health of millions.
- Plumbing reduces the utilization of water through faucets, showerheads, toilets, and other plumbing appliances. An efficient plumbing system allows you to save on water supply bills and energy bills.
The growth of the plumbing industry has spawned the development of various services vital for the management of plumbing systems. Some of these are:
- Plumbing works on infrastructure
- Water heater installation and maintenance
- Drain Cleaning
- Rerouting plumbing pipes and fixtures
- Pipe Leak Repair
- Pipe Unclogging
- Toilet repair
- Fixture installation, repair and replacement
- Sewer Line Blockage Cleaning and unclogging.
- Emergency Plumbing
- Plumbing Inspection
One common component of the plumbing system is the water heater. Modern living offers you the luxury to enjoy hot water baths regularly, and it may be hard to fathom a life without that hot water appliance that you take for granted. However, as with all other gadgets you live with, the how water heater is not immune to problems and failure, many a time casting you into a state of frustration and scrambling for the nearest telephone to call up your handy water heater repair expert.
Although there are many types of water heater, the most widely used is the electric water heater, which is favored for its volatility and relatively low cost.
Some of the common problems that affect these appliances in Brandon, FL, are:
1. No Hot Water
There are several reasons why your water heater does not discharge hot water. The electric heater may be faulty or may not be receiving power. A competent water heater repair technician should inspect the whole heating system to find and resolve the problem.
Leaks may be caused by loose connections or corrosion within the pipes. Your water heater repair technician should go through your entire plumbing system to seek out all holes and seal them or replace any irredeemable parts. Loose connections tightened, and faulty valves replaced.
3. Water Is Too Hot
The thermostat on your water heater may be set too high, and this could be the reason for the tank to discharge water that is too hot, in which case you may want to turn it a notch lower. If this doesn’t work, the temperature pressure-valve may be faulty, and this may lead to damage to your water heater. The valve should be replaced by your water heater technician immediately.
4. Low Water Pressure
The use of narrow pipes usually causes low pressure. In this case, you need to change the pipe and install wider pipes. The problem may also lie in blocked pipes, which will have to be unclogged by your water heater repair expert
5. Smelly Water
The buildup of bacteria in your tank may cause it to emit a foul odor. If you notice this, you may want to flush the tank and clean it out with chlorine bleach or boil the water to maximum to try and kill off the bacteria. The anode rod may also be faulty, and your water heater repair technician may have to replace it. If this doesn’t work, try cleaning it out with chlorine bleach.
6. Noises in the Tank
If you hear clanking or banging noises emanating from the water tank, you may have the problem of scale buildup due to oxidation on the heating element or somewhere else in the tank. Your water heater repair technician may recommend cleaning the tank, or if the problem persists, replace the tank altogether.
Arrest the Problem Early!
If you manage to identify the problem early, it is advisable to take steps to rectify it immediately. The problem can only get worse if you ignore it and end up costing you a lot of money in repairs and replacements later. Contact Drain Flo Plumbing in Brandon, FL, a trusted water heater repair expert, as soon as you notice any problem with your plumbing system for prompt and efficient service.