Photo By da-kuk at istock
Unfortunately, the plumbing system in your Brandon, FL home isn’t invincible, and issues can occur that can have a significant impact on your daily life. You constantly rely on your plumbing system, and if something goes wrong, simple everyday tasks can be challenging or impossible.
DIY plumbing repairs are not recommended, and you need plumbing training to diagnose the issue correctly to make the necessary repair. Trying to fix a problem yourself could end up doing more harm than good. In more serious cases, a simple mistake can result in a flood in your home.
If your plumbing system is experiencing any of the following issues, it is best to call a licensed plumber.
#1 Drain Issues
When you turn on the water in your home, you expect it to flow freely down the drain. If there is an issue with the drainage system, it is best to call a licensed plumber. A licensed professional can repair the following problems.
- Slow drains: If the water drains slowly, there is likely a small clog in the drain, causing the water to drain slowly. It is best to avoid liquid drain cleaners because these products may break up the clog enough for the water to flow freely down the drain; however, there is no guarantee the entire clog will be removed. If part of the clog is left behind, it will eventually get larger, causing the water to drain slowly again. Also, these products contain harsh chemicals that can be very damaging to the pipes.
- Clogged drains: A large clog can clog the drain completely, and the water won’t drain at all. A large clog in the drain will make it impossible to use the sink or tub until the clog has been removed. In addition, a liquid drain cleaner will be useless because it won’t be able to reach the drainpipe.
- Gurgling: If your drain makes a gurgling sound when the water goes down, it indicates a significant clog in the drain. A large clog will make it difficult for the water to go down the drainpipe, and the water will need to change directions to find a way past the clog. The change in direction can create air in the pipes, causing a gurgling sound.
- Multiple clogged drains: If the water drains slowly in every sink or tub in your home, it is doubtful that every drain is clogged. This issue indicates a clog in the main drain system or a clog in the sewer lines. These issues can cause water to back up into your home; therefore, you should call a plumber right away.
It is best to call a plumbing company for any drain issues. A licensed professional can use a drain camera to find the leak’s location and determine the size. This will help them select the best method to remove the clog. The sooner you call a plumbing company, the sooner the water will start flowing freely down the drain again.
#2 Toilet Issues
Problems with your toilet can affect your ability to use it, which can be a hassle. This issue is more even more frustrating if you only have one toilet in your Brandon, FL home and would require a call to an emergency plumber.
The most common call a plumbing company gets for a toilet is a clog. Clogs can occur when you flush too much toilet paper and waste down the drain. Also, the toilet can clog if something is flushed that shouldn’t have been.
Many toilet clogs can be removed by plunging the toilet. The plunger should break up the clog enough, allowing the clog to pass through the drainpipe. Large clogs or clogs located far down the drainpipe may not be affected by the plunger, and you should call a plumber. A licensed plumbing company can remove the entire clog regardless of the size and location.
A constantly running toilet is another issue that would require an immediate call to a plumbing company. Your toilet should run after the toilet is flushed, allowing the tank to fill for the next flush. If the toilet doesn’t stop running when the tank is full, it can indicate one of a few issues.
- The flapper is cracked or won’t stay closed.
- The float height is too high.
- The refill tube needs to be shortened.
- The tank’s seal is beginning to fail.
- The toilet has reached its maximum lifespan.
A running toilet can increase your water bill by up to $60 in just one day; therefore, it is best to have the problem repaired immediately by a licensed plumbing company.
A leak in your plumbing system requires a call to an emergency plumber because the leaking water can cause significant water damage to your Brandon, FL home. In addition, a leak can promote mold growth and cause a considerable increase in your water bill.
Leaks under the sink are easy to detect because you will see water pooling under the sink. Water spots on the wall or ceiling indicate a leak in a hidden pipe. Water pooling outside, a warm basement floor, and damage to your home’s foundation signifies a leak underground.
A plumber can use acoustic equipment to find the leak so the pipe can be repaired or replaced.
Why Choose Drain Flo Plumbing?
If you have an issue with your plumbing system and need to hire a plumbing company, call Drain Flo Plumbing. We are a full-service plumbing company that has been serving customers in Tampa, Brandon, and the surrounding areas since 2008. Over the years, we have earned an excellent reputation in the community and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. In addition, we have a 5-star rating on Google.
Our plumbers are professionally trained, highly skilled, licensed, and insured. We can handle any plumbing problem, whether it is a simple fix like a drain clog or something more complicated, like a whole house re-pipe.
We understand that plumbing issues can arise at any time, which is why we offer emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will do our best to get a plumber to your home as quickly as possible if you have an emergency issue, regardless of the time or day.
To schedule an appointment for plumbing service, give us at Drain Flo Plumbing a call or contact us online.